Utah POST Waiver

Utah Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST)
Current, Out of State Officer
Basic Training Waiver Information

Officers Looking to Relocate to Utah:

If you are a current law enforcement officer or correctional officer in another state, Utah can waive your attendance at a Utah police academy.  Upon successful completion of the waiver process, Utah POST would issue a certification equivalent to what you currently hold in your home state.  This would allow you to immediately begin service as a peace officer in Utah once you are employed with an agency. 

To Waive Into Utah:

  1. Complete an application by submitting a request here.  Applications will include a fingerprint card.
  2. Pass a knowledge exam.  NOTE:  This knowledge exam is limited to constitutional principles and Utah Statute and is open book. 
    Utah code can be found here
  3. Pass physical fitness test.

PT Standard Minimums:

If you have further questions regarding this process, please visit: 

https://post.utah.gov/waiverreactivation-process/ Or email us at:  support@utahpost.org